THE FERENS EDUCATION TRUST IS A REGISTERED CHARITY (512990) WITH AN ANNUAL INVESTMENT INCOME OF APPROXIMATELY £38K AVAILABLE PER YEAR, TO FUND PROJECTS WHICH MEET THE OBJECTS OF THE TRUST DEED.
THE TRUST'S OBJECTIVES
To promote the advancement of liberal, professional and technological education and the diffusion and extension of arts, sciences and learning in the local area of East Yorkshire, North and North-East Lincolnshire: and in particular to assist the University of Hull in the objective of providing further education to the national and international community, for which it was founded.
Generally, projects are offered funding between £500 - £5,000 (although more or less can be applied for and offered).
HOW TO APPLY
Applying for the FET grant is very simple. Follow the link below to the Beecan grant management portal. From here, you can apply for the Academic or Student Programme by completing the online application form.
You can save and amend a draft application and request support from the FET grant manager via the portal at any time before submission.
PROJECTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Will enhance and improve the reputation of the University of Hull both locally and nationally;
- Are innovative (method/content/focus);
- Demonstrate a public benefit (eg seminars/activities which are open to members of the public or specific groups such as schools, health users/professionals, etc.);
- Are seeking initial pump-priming funding
- Aid the recruitment of students to the University of Hull from new areas, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, locally nationally and internationally.
Academic research activities (those not linked directly to public benefit) and conference costs are unlikely to be supported. Student projects must go beyond core-activities.
Each application must include a realistically costed budget. Please refer to the University’s Financial Regulations and Procedures for information.
Please consult your Faculty/Service Finance Officer if you require assistance in drawing up your budget.
REGISTER ON THE BEECAN
GRANT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
TO APPLY FOR THE GRANT
NEED HELP WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
Jonathan is available to help with any questions you may have about the grant - Jonathan.Greenwood@hull.ac.uk